AW outside the box

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
Morpheus
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2003
Tim's: 3x3

Re: AW outside the box

Post by Morpheus »

I like the jeepers, they have more fun... ;)
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREY

Epic thread: http://www.cntc.ca/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3676
Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Post by Bow_Tied »

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
Morpheus
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2003
Tim's: 3x3

Post by Morpheus »

Just stop by Shaggerland and pull up a stool to the tiki bar for shots of jäger after hours at camp nl.
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREY

Epic thread: http://www.cntc.ca/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3676
Drizit
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Jeep LJ
Year: 2006
Tim's: Large 2 cream

Post by Drizit »

Morpheus wrote:I like the jeepers, they have more fun... ;)
We are like blonds... We even run into stuff ;)
Last edited by Drizit on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 2
Make/Model: Jeep JKUR
Year: 2013
Tim's: Med 2 milks 1 sugar

Post by the x kid »

sandor wrote:
Bow_Tied wrote:
I am not sure why that is, maybe people were intimidated, maybe they were like me and risk adverse, I don't know.
It's the Jeep...no one like Jeepers other than other Jeepers...where do you think the saying came from "Jeepers Creepers"? Jeepers give non-Jeepers the creepers.
Didn't you have a Jeep? Image

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
sandor
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: SAS Xterra
Year: 2000

Post by sandor »

I did have a Jeep, liked it a lot. Met a lot of great people, and still continue to hang out with them. Probably going to see Drizit at the May 24 run again this year...I was just poking fun.

Since there are so many Jeeps out there, it is easy to find that one idiot, (like the guy who got his Jeep stuck in the ice at Cherry Beach, had to get the Marine recover unit to recover him, and is getting billed for it), and then make fun of all Jeepers for it. In reality, that guy most likely isn't part of any Jeep club, or any off-road enthusiast club, but you can always tease about it.

In all seriousness Drizit, I don't think you should give up your idea...it was a good one, and had I gone last year, I would have went out with ya. I think a lot of people cancelled last year, and the fact that there are not as many hardcore Nissans out there as Jeeps, resulted in no interest last year. Let's face it, a stock Jeep is more capable than a stock Nissan (I've had both, and that is my personal opinion), it's easier to mod a Jeep than a Nissan to make it even more capable, so there are going to be way more Jeeps capable of 4+ trails than Nissans. It doesn't mean there is no interest, it just means that there will be less people who have a capable rig than if this was a Jeep weekend.
Drizit
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Drizit »

Oh for sure, my goal is to tailor it to the Nissan crowd though. For instance the group we had the year before last when we were doing the rock after shoe lake was what I had in mind. That group didn't show up last year. On the other hand I don't mind doing a slightly taimer version as well.

The real goal is to push some people outside their comfort zone. Show them what they and their rigs can do, and possibly encourage them to build more.
noey
Lugnut
Lugnut
Make/Model: Land Cruiser BJ42
Year: 1981

AW outside the box

Post by noey »

Do you guys do other trail runs throughout the year besides AW? Not an organized type of event like Camp NL or Trailfest etc. Just like-minded wheelers getting together and enjoying the outdoors.

The more runs people get in, the better, as experience is the best teacher.
the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by the x kid »

Drizit wrote:So, the extreme trails idea was a bust last year. No takers at all. So... I'm game to help people step up a bit but this time I want some suggestions of what you guys feel up for. Keep in mind there's no shame in getting stuck, and my goal as a guide is to get you back to the road without broken parts if at all possible.

Think about this possibility over the winter (perhaps aim a winter build with this in mind)

A winch is a big help with harder trails, a good one and a snatch block will get you through just about anything.

The IFS owners find themselves on 3 wheels a lot, at least a rear locker will help you make it through a huge amount. Without using lots of gas to make up for traction. Even a lunch box locker will make worlds of difference and not break the bank.

If it's a dry summer you will be able to do trails significantly harder than you are used to, last year at AW I ended up running Greens with one other jeep on 33" tires with no lockers and no lift. We used the winch twice and she didn't take the bypasses.

So with all that in mind what trails do you guys want to see next year besides the usual suspects? If some of you want to do rocky ridge I have no problem with that, if you want to to the rock I'm good there to. Heck we can do something easy then go play on the rock as its a quick trail. If you just want to do the upper loop of the rock that's ok as well. Come up with some ideas and I'll come up with a list of minimum requirements for em.
I would like to try some new trails. A little harder even.

Drizit
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Drizit »

noey wrote:Do you guys do other trail runs throughout the year besides AW? Not an organized type of event like Camp NL or Trailfest etc. Just like-minded wheelers getting together and enjoying the outdoors.

Yep, I'm out every couple of weeks during the summer. Anyone is always welcome. Post a "hey who wants to go wheeling thread" pick a date place. Bet you won't have problems finding any takers.
Drizit
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Drizit »

the x kid wrote:
Drizit wrote:So, the extreme trails idea was a bust last year. No takers at all. So... I'm game to help people step up a bit but this time I want some suggestions of what you guys feel up for. Keep in mind there's no shame in getting stuck, and my goal as a guide is to get you back to the road without broken parts if at all possible.

Think about this possibility over the winter (perhaps aim a winter build with this in mind)

A winch is a big help with harder trails, a good one and a snatch block will get you through just about anything.

The IFS owners find themselves on 3 wheels a lot, at least a rear locker will help you make it through a huge amount. Without using lots of gas to make up for traction. Even a lunch box locker will make worlds of difference and not break the bank.

If it's a dry summer you will be able to do trails significantly harder than you are used to, last year at AW I ended up running Greens with one other jeep on 33" tires with no lockers and no lift. We used the winch twice and she didn't take the bypasses.

So with all that in mind what trails do you guys want to see next year besides the usual suspects? If some of you want to do rocky ridge I have no problem with that, if you want to to the rock I'm good there to. Heck we can do something easy then go play on the rock as its a quick trail. If you just want to do the upper loop of the rock that's ok as well. Come up with some ideas and I'll come up with a list of minimum requirements for em.
I would like to try some new trails. A little harder even.

You coming for may 24?
the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by the x kid »

Trying. Are just the big boys going?

sandor
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: SAS Xterra
Year: 2000

Post by sandor »

Last year it was a bit of everything...not just trailered rigs. You should go.
Drizit
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Drizit »

Nope everything from stock to buggy. Jump in on Adrian's post. It's turning into a mini camp NL
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

noey wrote:Do you guys do other trail runs throughout the year besides AW? Not an organized type of event like Camp NL or Trailfest etc. Just like-minded wheelers getting together and enjoying the outdoors.

Yeah, there are usually runs in the spring and self organized ones throughout the summer. It's whatever people want to do, really. I'm up for anything.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa