New member from Toronto

Welcome to CNTC. Please check in here before posting!
lx2bad4uxl
Reactions score: 0

Re: New member from Toronto

Post by lx2bad4uxl »

Alright makes sense and how much is it. Honestly I have no problem paying fees even become a premium on here just want to actually meet people first and see if I like it then just throw money away if that makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yorkdiver
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Nissan xTerra Pro4x
Year: 2011
Tim's: Large One Milk

Post by Yorkdiver »

Plus, there may be a Minden run 28 Nov

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lx2bad4uxl

Post by lx2bad4uxl »

Yeah I'm deff down could a beginner do it though?

Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

Are you sure you want to meet some of us? LOL

The hydroline is used for beginners with stock trucks. How long it will take depends on how much spotting is needed and how many are running it. We ran a rookie run on it during AW. The group was large and they turned back halfway due to time.
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
lx2bad4uxl

Post by lx2bad4uxl »

Haha I am sure I won't have a problem with people lol. Always have dealt with more weird ppl lol. And okay sounds good. And basically what I was told is I need a radio? And get a membership?

Yorkdiver
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by Yorkdiver »

Yeah, the worst ones that I have been on we're too big. The only time I have done Minden was with 2 groups and there was a full hour between them

lx2bad4uxl

Post by lx2bad4uxl »

Anybody in Toronto down for a coffee this week?

Keepitspecial
Make/Model: Nissan Frontier
Year: 2015
Tim's: M DD with milk

Post by Keepitspecial »

Oh yea, I'm in

Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Post by Bow_Tied »

lx2bad4uxl wrote:Haha I am sure I won't have a problem with people lol. Always have dealt with more weird ppl lol. And okay sounds good. And basically what I was told is I need a radio? And get a membership?

Yo do not require a membership on CNTC or OF4WD to go wheeling on crown land trails open to off road vehicles. There may be benefits to being members, but it isn't a requirement.

To go on your first wheeling adventure I recommend you:
- Ensure your rig is in a proper state of repair, maintenance reasonably up to date. Check your spare tire is good, aired up, and you have a jack and tire iron that work. Breakdowns on the trail are usually not fun.
- Remove rigid mudflaps and OEM running boards. Rocks push these things up and damage your rig's body metal.
- Ensure you have sufficient fuel before starting the trail. Dress for the weather assuming you will have a breakdown. Pack a lunch with some extras. Pack TP and a shovel.
- A CB radio is not required, but I really recommend it. This is the key way to communicate on the trail. It allows the trail leader to advise you where not to go, important for dangerous/deep areas of the trail. A wrong turn can swamp or roll your rig, even on the easy trails like hydro line. Plus the chatter along the way is part of the fun. If you want to minimize expense until you see if you like the sport, see if you can borrow an old unit with a magnetic mounted antenna. Good enough for short term (actually what I have used for years). If you decide to buy a hand-held CB (note most FRS walkie-talkies are not compatible with CB radios) I really recommend getting a good one with a window mount antenna. Buying a full on CB that needs to be wired in to a separate antenna is great just note that it may not be a 1 hour install to get working and dialed in. You might be able to convince a friend going with to use a pair of walkie-talkies with you and if one of you has a CB than at least info can be relayed.

You can do all kinds of other things like mods, bring tools and spare parts, and recovery gear - you can't really be over-prepared within reason, but likely some veterans you are out with will have some of that stuff and ifyou just follow directions of your spotters and don't have awful luck you'll be fine on the stock trails without those things.

That's my opinion. YMMV.
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
Incognito27
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2015
Tim's: Donut , Hot Chocolate

Post by Incognito27 »

I actually have a radio and antenna for sale , only bought it a month ago but got something else when i bought the Xterra.
But im in Ottawa , so getting it to you in a timely manner is difficult
Yorkdiver
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by Yorkdiver »

If I get my new one tuned before Sunday, I have my old handheld which still,works great. You will just need to use the rubber antennae.