Good Junkyard finds

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
01R50
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Jimmy
Year: 2001

Good Junkyard finds

Post by 01R50 »

Good score at the junkyard today.

Went to Kenny's in Ottawa but didn't find anything. After going to look at some other stuff in town I crossed the border into Quebecistan and went to Kenny's in Gatineau.

I scored pretty damn well. Found a 95 SE Pathy with the hard to find center console for a manual. It also had the even more rare sun shade (for the sun roof) sitting in the back of the truck. Both were in good shape and someone had already unbolted the console, so I just had to cut the wires for the switches.

I also found a 96 Hardbody with the center console as well. After all this time never finding the console in a junkyard or online, I find two in one day. HB didn't have anything else I wanted though. I already have tons of spare parts for the HB including two sets of spare side rear windows.

And the haul:

Cost me $36 with tax. Pretty good score I think.

They are the only ones in the yard at the moment. The pathy is a fulled loaded model with leather seating (which is still in good shape) if anyone is interested. Other than the center console, it is pretty much complete. The HB is a basic version, but is 4x4 and still has all its parts too (again, except for the center console). The window rubber sills are in good shape on the HB if you need them (I don't need them as I bought a new set for the HB and have a spare set in storage).

Let me know if you need something.
My 1988 Nissan Hardbody: http://www.cdn-ntc.ca/phpBB3/viewtopic. ... 45&p=63250
2001 Pathfinder SE - RIP
the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 2
Make/Model: Jeep JKUR
Year: 2013
Tim's: Med 2 milks 1 sugar

Re: Good Junkyard finds

Post by the x kid »

Nice find.Like a kid in a candy store.Cheap parts.
Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 4
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Post by Bow_Tied »

Pathy looks in too nice a shape to be there....
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
01R50
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by 01R50 »

Pathy isn't as nice up close. Frame is cracked up front. The plastic on the body is badly faded. It would also need new front and rear fenders all around, but yeah it isn't in too bad shape body wise. The engine only had 183k on it. Was tempted to pull the front leather seats for the HB, as well as the sunroof, but I only just replaced the seats in the HB with mint ones from another HB this summer. And if I take the glass for the sunroof, the first rain would ruin the seats up front.

I go take a walk around the scrap yards every few weeks to see what they have. Never know what you will find.
2001 Pathfinder SE - RIP
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

Did you happen to notice if the egr valve was still on it? I need the BPT part of it for mine. If not I might have to make a trip to nissan.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
01R50
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by 01R50 »

adamzan wrote:Did you happen to notice if the egr valve was still on it? I need the BPT part of it for mine. If not I might have to make a trip to nissan.
Engine is complete except for the belts (though I am not sure who would want used belts). Looks like I was the first one to touch the truck.

Will likely still be there tomorrow too.
2001 Pathfinder SE - RIP
X-Treme
Make/Model: Xterra - Offroad
Year: 2005

Post by X-Treme »

When looking for used parts I first check out this web site. It helps narrow the search. You still need to visit the yard to check out the condition of the parts but it does narrow down the search.

http://www.car-part.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Watch it! I'm keeping my eye on you.
rmarles
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Nissan Pathfinder
Tim's: Regular

Post by rmarles »

$36 is a steal of a deal, you're lucky!

Around here, yards seem to want a ridiculous amount for thier parts. Used to be fair, but not anymore. EG, I just tried to pick up a rear wiper motor assy. They wanted list $100, if I pick it myself. I hrm'd and haw'd and they finally came down to $65. I anticipated spending $25! I ended up figuring out how to fix the issue without having the buy the part.

Love the clean yard and the fact they raise their vehicles. Around here, it's weed&mud city and all the cars are right on the ground -- probably due to liability or something. There's only ONE yard that puts their cars up, but it's the smallest, pretty much gauranteed not to have what you want.

Congrats on the find!
There's a Simpson's quote for that.
studum
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Frontier CC SC
Year: 2003
Tim's: Large 1 milk

Post by studum »

I only have one pick and pull near me. Big on the domestics, mostly older ones. One little corner for imports. Still go once in a while to take a peak at things though.

My mother in laws old car that my wife smashed up her 1st year of university is there. Also found 2 of my buddy's old high-school beaters, that was a good laugh when we found them.
Ryan S. - Playing "keep it alive" with the Silver Spur.
01R50
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by 01R50 »

Prices are extremely low for Kenny's in Ottawa and Gatineau. Here is the price list:

http://www.kennyupull.com/pricelist.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Went with a friend today. We got a front fender, rear tail-light, door handle and a few little pieces of plastic and it cost us $42.

I took almost the entire interior of an HB 2 months ago (seats, console, carpet, windows, etc) as well as the door locks, ignition and rear windows and it cost me $120.

That wiper motor you wanted is only $13 up here.

Plus you can bring any parts back for up to 30 days for an exchange (in case you got the wrong part).

Both yards are pretty big, though the Gatineau one is 3x as large as the Ottawa yard. A good amount of import and domestic. Plus the vehicles are grouped so that you can find them easy. They have a section for import, then one for GMChev, Ford and Dodge.
2001 Pathfinder SE - RIP
01R50
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by 01R50 »

Just got out of Kenny's here in Ottawa. They have an older generation xterra right at the front of the yard. Hasn't been touched at all yet. It is in pretty good shape.

Will post a pic when i get to a computer but it is complete (at the moment). So if you need parts, I would go asap. Looks like it was just put in the yard this morning.

Was going to pull the roof rack to modify for a future project but I didn't have my hex bits so it is still there.

Posted with my XT910
2001 Pathfinder SE - RIP
01R50
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by 01R50 »

Here is a picture of the truck. Even has the lock nuts still on it (the socket is in the truck). Interior smells of smoke but it isn't too bad.

The guy at the front desk said it had just been put there this morning. Is why nothing has been taken so far.

There is also a 98 pathy further back in the yard.
2001 Pathfinder SE - RIP
Jayman
Make/Model: 4x4 Xterra - SC JE
Tim's: Double Double

Post by Jayman »

Wonder what's wrong with it...
CNTC Pyro Team Captain. Signaling the International Space Station, one bucket at a time.
01R50
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by 01R50 »

No idea. Didn't look under the hood to see if the problem was there. Was a bit dirty inside though as if it had been sitting a while. She is actually one of the best looking vehicles in the yard. But whatever the case she will sit there until people take enough parts off her that she is no longer worth it for them. Then into the crusher.

Lots of good parts on it. Doors/rear hatch all close well. Dash is all there. The owners manual is still in the glove box.

Hopefully it will help someone here with their truck. At the very least, it is good for spare parts to keep in the back of the truck while on the trail.
2001 Pathfinder SE - RIP
Adam

Good Junkyard finds

Post by Adam »

Hmm if the motor is still good, 3.3 swap for my rig hehe.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
minidisco
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Xterra OFFROAD
Year: 2010
Tim's: Iced Cap, biggest size

Post by minidisco »

Damn: all the way in Ottawa!! My truck is in bad need of the front passenger's seatbelt "socket" (for lack of a better description: that into which you plug in the seatbelt, mounted on the left of the seat against the centre console) and the driver's side wiper arm mechanism (not the one on top of the windshield, but the one underneath the grill that connects to the main wiper shaft).

If you happen to find yourself in there again, and ripping parts off this thing - and if you want to do a fellow member a GIGANTIC favour - I'd really appreciate those 2 bits!
01R50
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by 01R50 »

Good enough reason to come visit Ottawa. They are open Sat and Sun ;)

Not sure when I will next be over there. I usually only go every 2 weeks or so.

Will try to remember to post up next time before I go.
2001 Pathfinder SE - RIP
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hey minidisco, take your truck to the nearest nissan dealer for the seatbelt issue, they should fix it for free. I took my old 95 pathfinder in this past winter and they were covered under lifetime warranty!

minidisco
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Xterra OFFROAD
Year: 2010
Tim's: Iced Cap, biggest size

Post by minidisco »

adamzan wrote:Hey minidisco, take your truck to the nearest nissan dealer for the seatbelt issue, they should fix it for free. I took my old 95 pathfinder in this past winter and they were covered under lifetime warranty!
That was the best tip: got that fixed, girlfriend über happy.
Sent from my iDevice using my thumbs