Know your fellow members

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Know your fellow members

Post by Snafu »

Since most folks are here but haven't much to say between mods and seasons, this is a thread to help fill the gap :thumbup:

Tell folks info about yourself like what you do to pay the bills, what you would rather be doing, whether you are on a most wanted list, etc.

Since I am asking I guess I should start. I'm married, two girls, a dog and a mortgage out in the boonies (between Fergus and Orangeville). I should get folks together for a BBQ sometime (January or February work for folks?) I is edumacated and worked in the pharmaceutical area for a number of years. Switching gears recently, I started a couple of small businesses to help pay the bills. The main business is renovations & repairs (residential and commercial) while the other business involves computer hardware.

I love toys of any kind. Whether it be a new tool or gadget I love them.

So now it's your turn :thumbup: but please don't ignore me :lol:
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
Scotto
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

Re: Know your fellow members

Post by Scotto »

My names is Scott.

Sometimes I correct people's spelling mistakes.

Scott
Simon
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Year: 2011
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Post by Simon »

I'm Simon.

Scott's a pain in the ass when he corrects spelling mistakes :teeth:
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied
avacado
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Frontier SE Crew
Year: 2004
Tim's: XL 2x2

Post by avacado »

This is me.

I work here:

I live here:

Or more specifically here:

I married this:

And I created these:

This also lives with me, however I did not create it:

2004 Frontier SE Crew
32" BFG M/T's
Cobra CB
Nd4SpdSe
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Pathfinder V8
Year: 2008
Tim's: Ice Cap Supreme

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Myself, 27, single and still live with my parents. I do enjoy living with my parents, especially after loosing my sister in a winter-related car accident on her way to work the morning of Dec31st, it makes it easier for all of us. I also don't enjoy to live alone. Women are the bain of my existence.

Since April I've been a contractor doing work repairing medical equipment. Over the last 2 months they've had me out west doing some high-priority recalls. Before that I did mobile communication for 2 years, basically equiping cops cars, ambulances and gov't vehicles with all their radios and electronics. It was a Canadian company but almost all the work was in the US, moslty in Virginia at that point, and did serveral weeks of work in Florida too. Before that I did French Tech Support for a year and a half for Microsoft at the building in Mississauga. Before that I used to work at a popular local computer store in Welland, kept my job at Wendy's for the weekends (worked there for 6 years), did computer repair work in the evenings, all while going to College "full-time". I went to school for Computer Engineering Technican at Niagara College, took me 4 years to complete that 2 year program. I'd like to stick with computers, but I don't want another phone support/desk job. I want a technicial hands-on job, but they're quite rare, and even any tech job in Niagara is low pay, start at like $10/hr. I'm definitely worth more than that now, but I'm trying hard to try to stick around Niagara.

I still play with technology and computers, but my main hobby is cars now, however both tend to mix now ;)
2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE - VK56 V8 Power
2001 Nissan Frontier CC SB - Offroad Trailer
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 5-Speed Supercharged
lowridah313
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Jeep Liberty Sport
Tim's: XL DD with milk

Post by lowridah313 »

Lets see where to start.
I'm Tom, 29. Born Oct. 31 1979, in Lahr, Germany. My father spent 25 years in the CDN Military, so he was posted in Germany when I was born, making me like the only one in my family born outside of Canada.

I'm married to a wonderful women(she puts up with my poop). :teeth:

I have live 3 places in my life, Lahr,Germany, London,Ont, and now Cambridge, Ont
I have been a welder for 2 1/2 years, I do all position mig steel/aluminum, and I just tested for my 6G pipe(all position). I work for a company called Wilcox Bodies, in Milton, Ont. I build service bodies for the likes of Toronto Hydro, Superior Propane, etc. Before that I was a mechanics assistant/apprentice, for approx. 4 years.
Just for referance, the rack on this truck is 16' 6" long, and 8' wide, and took me 2 1/2 days to build. I built the complete body, minus the rear bumper, total hours in this is approx. 89.8 hours.
2002 Nissan Xterra SE SOLD
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
1988 Volkswagen Cabriolet
Pezzy
Make/Model: Ford F150
Year: 2018
Tim's: Steeped Tea, 1/2 Sugar

Post by Pezzy »

Hmm... lets see... is there much to share about me?

- Not married (anymore)
- Used to share a driveway with the Xterra now owned by Scotto
- Living with the googlenator (Simon) for about 2.5 years
- Formerly from Ajax/Pickering/Brooklin, now living (lost) in Brampton
- Went to college for Hospitality & Tourism Administration
- Got a job as a Graphic Design & Signage Coordinator from there (makes complete sense no?) where I worked for almost 12 years before being let go last June.
- Was also a line cook for 3 years
- Likes: camping, Snoopy, Stephen King, photography, cooking, old VW Bugs, tiramisu
- Dislikes: winter (cold), ignorant people, not having a steady income, liver

I actually have a list of about me's on Canadian Pathy: http://www.canadianpathy.com/pezzy.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I my PATHFInDERs.
R.I.P. 99.5 Green Machine :cry:
Bender
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Nissan Sentra SER
Tim's: Mcdonalds coffee

Post by Bender »

Pezzy wrote:Hmm... lets see... is there much to share about me?

- Not married (anymore)
- Used to share a driveway with the Xterra now owned by Scotto
- Living with the googlenator (Simon) for about 2.5 years
- Formerly from Ajax/Pickering/Brooklin, now living (lost) in Brampton
- Went to college for Hospitality & Tourism Administration
- Got a job as a Graphic Design & Signage Coordinator from there (makes complete sense no?) where I worked for almost 12 years before being let go last June.
- Was also a line cook for 3 years
- Likes: camping, Snoopy, Stephen King, photography, cooking, old VW Bugs, tiramisu,my good friend Bender
- Dislikes: winter (cold), ignorant people, not having a steady income, liver

I actually have a list of about me's on Canadian Pathy: http://www.canadianpathy.com/pezzy.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tiramisu...WTF? :teeth:
Pezzy
Make/Model: Ford F150
Year: 2018
Tim's: Steeped Tea, 1/2 Sugar

Post by Pezzy »

Yes, I like Bender. I would like him even more if he brought me tiramisu.
I my PATHFInDERs.
R.I.P. 99.5 Green Machine :cry:
Snafu

Post by Snafu »

Mmmmmmmmmmmm...Tiramisu...mmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Something similar but not quite is called "sex in a pan".

I would like anyone better if they brought me Tiramisu (well almost anybody).

Thanks to those who have posted up meaningful info :thumbup:

It is cool to know the folks you hang with.
Worlds Greatest Acronym:

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

Snafu wrote:
Thanks to those who have posted up meaningful info :thumbup:
Hey - I was trying to be meaningful - I just didn't have a lot to share with you, Ron. Sorry buddy :teeth:

Fine then:

- I have 3 brothers and a sister, all much smarter and more gifted than me. One's training to be a doctor, one's a pro musician, one's extremely gifted in mathematics, and the sister is an accomplished athlete;
- I'm married;
- there are 3 step-kids, all boys;
- I went to the Ontario College of Art, showed my work with the Canadian Sculpture Society;
- I worked at OCA as Foundry tech/teacher for 5 years - that's bronze and aluminium casting;
- I used to work in radio, not only commercial but community, and ran a show on CIUT called "Jive Ass Slippers," considered by many to be one of the finest jazz shows in Southern Ontario;
- I have a degree in philosophy;
- I also have a teacher's cert/degree;
- I teach high skool kids Art & English;
- I have a yellow X and a sort of reddish Jeep YJ;
- I live in Elora - but I was born and raised in Toronto. I lived in Toronto until just last year;
- I have travelled a lot, and have circumnavigated the planet 3 times - this is why I have 3 hoops in my left ear: one for each time around. If I go around again, then - yes - I will have to add another;
- I am a direct decendant of Captain Bligh of Mutiny on the Bounty fame (really, I poop you not);
- I play in a Grade IV competition pipe band, and have played successfully in solo comps at the Grade III level;
- I used to play the alto sax in a jazz band (I wasn't very good - it's tough to be good when your hero is Charlie Parker, I should of tried to like someone who plays slower, like Johnny Hodges);
- I like Balderson's cheese - especially the marbled cheddar;
- freshly grated parmessian is the only way to go;
- when I go camping (which I love) I bring fresh black peppercorns and a pepper mill...

That's all I can think of right now.

Scott
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

Alrighty here I go:

-I'm 19 and I live with my mother, her boyfriend and son, and my real brother.
-I go to Algonquin college in Ottawa, in the "computer systems technology" program.
-I own 2 wd21 pathfinders (lucky me!) a gray 95 and a red 93.
-I am really grateful to have a grandfather who knows like everything about cars and is always wanting to help me out with mine.
-I am Italian and like to eat, especially nonna's cooking!
-I like to play around with computers (building mini servers, farting around in linux, etc...)
-I like to work on my truck whether it be fixing something, or adding something to it. :thumbup:
-I met a lot of you guys all at once at AW and it was amazing. :-)
-When I go camping I refuse to sleep in a tent. Truck ftw.
-I am probably the only teenager who can't sleep in...
-My dad also owns a pathfinder (r50) and won't let me touch anything on it :lol:
-I'm very grateful for the close friends that I have.
-Scotto will probably correct my spelling mistakes

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
Snafu

Post by Snafu »

Hey - I was trying to be meaningful - I just didn't have a lot to share with you, Ron. Sorry buddy :teeth:
It wasn't directed at you Scott. I know way too much about you already :teeth:

(thanks for sharing :thumbup: )
Worlds Greatest Acronym:

Simon
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Post by Simon »

Snafu wrote:
It wasn't directed at you Scott. I know way too much about you already :teeth:

(thanks for sharing :thumbup: )
I guess you meant me :disapprove:

Wait a second, I could nuke this thread, and it never happened...... :twisted: :teeth:

Alrighty....about me....

- I'm 29, live with Carri, after having owned a house, and being married. No kids, but probably someday.
- Looking to buy the folks house in the new year, and working towards that by renovating a place for my parents.
- I am (as many of you know) completely addicted to coffee. Tim Hortons is my personal fav.
- I like to be hands on, whether home improvements/repairs or automotive.
- I am a die-hard Leaf fan, which either shows I'm very loyal, or very stupid. :lol:
- I was born in Orillia, but lived initially in Gravenhurst, then moved to Brampton at the age of 2.
- I work in IT for DHL Global Forwarding
- I used to work at Home Hardware, Canadian Tire, as a Baseball umpire, and at Tim Hortons, where the addiction started. :teeth:
- I play hockey (ball hockey, I'm a goalie) and baseball (mens league hardball)
- I went to college for Computer Science at Sheridan.
- My immediate family consists of my folks, and my brother. In addition I have an aunt (who's like a 2nd mother to me) and an 18 month old nephew. I have one grandmother left, but probably not for long. :disapprove:
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

Simon wrote:

I thinks you read this one right, Simon ;)
HolidayNation
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Xterra XE stick
Year: 2004
Tim's: 60oz BEER please

Post by HolidayNation »

I thought I accidentally logged in to a LavaLife chat. :)

As for me…I am 40 years young, first generation Canadian of Scottish decent. I have worked as a: grunt in the infantry, tow truck driver, bouncer, bartender, raft guide, patient transfers, office systems maintenance tech, printing press operator/bindery dept. etc and presently serving my 20th year of what sometimes seems like a life sentence as an emergency communications operator(the last 5 as a supervisor). I started in Cambridge, where I grew up, and have been transferred to Mount Forest, Orillia and to where I presently reside just outside Ottawa. I live in sin with my fiancé of 4 years and our 2 1/2 year old daughter Keyahla (that’s Hawaiian, meaning the path) which we probably should have named MissChief. We have a semi retarded German Sheppard, 7 acres a house a mortgage to prove it. I love fine arts, in particular painting(all mediums) and black and white photography. I practice both as time permits. I have jumped out of planes, skied or boarded just about anything with snow, climbed cliffs and mountains and dove the depths of Tobermory in March and paddled class 5 in a snow storm, I wish body parts were as easy to swap out or upgrade as truck parts. I have traded most of the shenanigans in for Saturday morning cartoons with my daughter and Sunday afternoon BBQ's with friends. I would sell my TV before my stereo and still play vinyl. Punk, Blues, Classical, Swing, Jazz and good ole rock n roll are always loaded on my pod. I have been fortunate enough to have friends that go wayyyyyyyy back and love meeting new people and sharing new experiences with them. I love blue rare steaks, Shwarmas and Chicken Tikka Masala. I love my X and enjoy the camaraderie of this club and outings. I was once mistaken for Lowridah's wife's dad and think Scotto should play amazing grace as the sun sets on the big hill during opening ceremonies of the 2009 AW.
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREYs WITHOUT BATS]- :)
Where's Slawek?........... Crunch?
Aerosols may be depleting the ozone, but warning labels are depleting the gene pool
OF4WD-5557
Snafu

Post by Snafu »

No, no, no. Just having fun with the brief folks ;) Are you looking to hire anyone for the renovations? :teeth: ;)
...as an emergency communications operator(the last 5 as a supervisor). I started in Cambridge, where I grew up, and have been transferred to Mount Forest,...
Were you stationed in Mt. Forest when a guy decided to take some shots at the helicopter the cops were using to raid his dope grow? That was on a farm that abuts to my dad's farm. I was out in the back forty looking to see if the helicopter landed on the farm (I thought they were poachers or too nosy). The shots were being fired as I was looking binoculars standing on my truck parked on the highest point back there. I decided to not stick around and sure enough as I drive down the road I come across a cop hiding behind his car door pointing a 12 gauge at me. Guess I didn't look too friendly in my beat up ole truck :crazy: . I had to sleep on a friends coach for a couple of nights til they called off the man hunt.

Anyways, that's a long story behind the question :o
Worlds Greatest Acronym:

BaTmAn13
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Frontier
Year: 2000
Tim's: xl t/t

Post by BaTmAn13 »

ok so here it goes

- My name is Phillip Batman
- Born Friday 13 December 1985
- Originally I am from Manitoulin Island (Northern Ontario) but now i reside in Mississauga
- I drive a 2000 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner (altho I am looking at buying a new frontier the pro 4x looks sick)
- Currently I am an Apprentice Millwright (I go to wright my C of Q in the spring)
- I am an avid cyclist (if it has two wheels i will ride it, jump it or race it)
- I also snowboard
- Video games are good to
- I am a pretty easy going guy for the most part
- I am pretty good at breaking stuff / ripping it apart
- Also pretty good at putting it back together

dont think there is to much else to add to that list
cheers
:ugeek:
in the event of an off road emergency ......gas and lots of it
lowridah313
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Jeep Liberty Sport
Tim's: XL DD with milk

Post by lowridah313 »

HolidayNation wrote: I was once mistaken for Lowridah's wife's dad.

So true! Man did I laugh my ass off! :lol:
2002 Nissan Xterra SE SOLD
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
1988 Volkswagen Cabriolet
inblack
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: An MX5 and a CX-5
Year: 05 08
Tim's: Black, can't muck that up

Post by inblack »

Name : Kevin Caplice
Heritage : Cake - Adopted actually, so frankly I haven't got a clue. Mom is Irish and Dad is English. Yes they fight constantly.
Status : Married (I still can't believe that I found someone to put up wit my crap)

Wife : Debbie Schwab
Heritage : Cake - Adopted as well, however she has met her birth mother, so there is some real knowlege there.

Living arrangements : Generally alone (save Pepper - see Pet's below), either I'm away or Debbie is, rarely are we ever in the same place at the same time. When we are in the same place at the same time rarely is it ever in Oakville!

Pet's : Dog - Pepper, Black Lab - Border Collie cross, pound rescue, Great decision.
Kids : See Pet's above.
Vehicles : Our Personal Key box has included:
Personal vehicles; '86 Mustang LX, '90 CRX SI, '89 Pathfinder SE Trail Boss, '99 Blazer ZR-2, '88 240SX SE, '05 Xterra XE, '02 Xterra XE, '05 Altima 2.5. Every single one modified in some manner.
Company vehicles: '95 Lumina Minivan, '96 Astro (Makita Power Tools), '98 Cavalier (Record Tool), '01 Impala, 02 1500K, and an '03 C2500 (Stanley Access Technologies).
Debbie: (Since we have been together) '00 Sunfire GT, '02 RSX Premium, '04 Miata Sport, '08 Miata Sport PRHT.
Correct - we are currently Truck-less. :fist:

Education : Plenty, High School - St Martins Mississauga, Ryerson Polytech Institute (2yrs)- Electronic Engineering (Didn't finish, Failed Calculus again); U.o.T. Erindale (5yrs) Major Anthropology, physical Anthropology, and evolutinary Anatomy, Minor Philosophy, and (almost) History; Sheridan College (1 semester) Mixology.
Career : Nothing to do with the above. I sell construction materials or Power Tools, depending on what year we are talking about. Or I may be working as a collision damage estimator. Varies with my mood.

Fiscal Status : I owe, I owe, I owe. Suffice to say the Banks love me.

Hobbies : Photography (we are now getting paid for this one), Snowboarding, Biking, Hiking, Football, etc ...
Obsession : Lacrosse. I don't play any more I referee, 8 months of the year, darn near full time it seems. Every level of Men's lacrosse in Ontario (except the NLL) and in most other provinces. Certain foreign countries as well.
Physical Fitness/Condition : Generally broken, both knees, Right hip and ankle. Reason too much full contact sport, and a obsession that I still harbor for running full tilt on solid concrete floors in 100+ degree heat. See above Obsession.

Mental state and Acuity : That is debatable at the best of times, generally speaking ask the team that won for the most flattering description, and the team that lost for the most colorful one.
Last edited by inblack on Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is preparing to spend 6 months living out of a storage locker.