Weird story

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
Scotto
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

Weird story

Post by Scotto »

This is a bit convoluted - so bear with me...

The Scene:
Tim Horton's - Milton location north of 401 (not the one we meet at)

The Players:
Some dude from the Middle East (?)
Well-dressed guy with 4-door sedan (blue)
Another guy with a red Honda civic
Me with the Xterra, fully loaded after getting stuff from Toronto storage unit, including a 33" TSL Super Swamper tied into roof rack.

So I drive into the Tim's on the way home, back into a spot beside a 4-door blue sedan, and as I hop out I casually nod to the guy standing beside his blue 4-door sedan that I parked beside and make my way to the door. On my way I pass a GenII X with Newfie licence plates, and remark to myself, "Hmm, he's driven a long way." As I get my coffee and donut (chocolate glazed) I notice dude who looks middle-eastern checking out my truck. He's wandering around it and giving it a thorough going-over.

When I come back out with coffee and donut, well-dressed guy is still standing there while dude from the Middle East starts to tell me that he just bought an Xterra, and points to the one with Newfie plates. He tells me that the OPP recently gave him quite a hard time because he was driving around with studs in the tires, and I casually pointed out that studs are illegal in Southern Ontario, especially in the summer. He told me that the tires are noisy, even without the studs, and asked what he could do to fix that. He asks me if my tires would be quieter. Buddy with the blue 4-door sedan is listening to all this, now starting to walk away because - to me - it looks like he wants to break out in hysterics. Dude from the Middle East then starts asking me a whole bunch of questions about how 4-Hi works, and how he might drive the vehicle in the winter. This makes dude in the blue sedan laugh and spit out some coffee. This goes on for a while, and I suggested, a) he ought to check out http://www.cdn-ntc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and b) that reading the owner's manual is a good idea.

Buddy with the blue sedan is now returning from his fit and simply grinning.

Middle East dude walks away, and dude with the 4-door blue sedan says, "Ever go to Camp NL?" Turns out well-dressed guy with the 4-door blue sedan is a guide for Camp NL. His name is Steve. That's when his buddy with the red civic shows up, jumps out, looks at me and says, "Jamie says 'Hi'." I'm a bit lost now, as I have never seen these guys. Buddy with the red civic says, "You know, Waggy. I was just on the phone with him - I was following you on the 401, and I asked him if he knew a guy who drove around in a yellow X ..."

"Ah, Jamie," I say. Now we have a big conversation about stuff. An older fellow named Les shows up, and we part our ways....

Weird world sometimes.

Scott
Simon
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Year: 2011
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Re: Weird story

Post by Simon »

Cool story. Definitely a small world sometimes.
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied
thegoodstink
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Xterra 4x4 SE
Year: 2004
Tim's: Double Double

Post by thegoodstink »

So................How does four Hi work exactly????????

:P:
04 Xterra 4x4 with added junk
12 Lancer GT
13 Kawasaki KLX250s
95 323 neo RallyX car
Scotto
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

Post by Scotto »

I told him it's a Nissan, and that the handle is there just for show.
weerd 1
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Drewbicon
Year: 2013
Tim's: always

Post by weerd 1 »

the Xterra has 4wd ?
What to do next
thegoodstink
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Xterra 4x4 SE
Year: 2004
Tim's: Double Double

Post by thegoodstink »

4wd..........Now I'm lost......Please start again........you were at a coffee shop..............
04 Xterra 4x4 with added junk
12 Lancer GT
13 Kawasaki KLX250s
95 323 neo RallyX car
xlthumper
Lugnut
Lugnut
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra
Year: 2000
Tim's: Tea w/ milk bag in please

Post by xlthumper »

wait you had planned to stop by a timmies and there were no postings here????? what was the rest of the story? :lol:

there is a small world here and you do meet some people out of the blue and talk to people just because we have the same truck or interests. great story