Hello from New Brunswick

Welcome to CNTC. Please check in here before posting!
WayneO
Lugnut
Lugnut
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Titan Pro-4x CC 4x4
Year: 2010
Tim's: LgCoffee; 1-milk, 1-sugar

Re: Hello from New Brunswick

Post by WayneO »

Thanks... I think especially a white Pro-4x with all the black accents (mirrors, handles, tint, grill, fender flares..etc) seem to stand out. Also thanks for the tip... good to know.

Tire choice is such a tough decision because you really don't know until you install them and go for a drive. Heck, I've boughten tires in the past based on reviews from sites like TireRack that had rave reviews and I disliked them. But the one tire brand that I've liked as a whole over all the others since my very first car (Camaro Z-28) is BFG's. I've had alot of different tire makes over the past 23 years (and 10-12 vehicles)... and BFG's always seem to be a very good tire, look great, have decent road noise and last a long time. Still.... don't like to discard any tire and like to research all options.
Miner
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Post by Miner »

WayneO wrote:Thanks... I think especially a white Pro-4x with all the black accents (mirrors, handles, tint, grill, fender flares..etc) seem to stand out. Also thanks for the tip... good to know.
Black accents and de-badging the doors makes for a very clean look. You could also paint or plasti dip badges black.

WayneO wrote:...the one tire brand that I've liked as a whole over all the others since my very first car (Camaro Z-28) is BFG's. I've had alot of different tire makes over the past 23 years (and 10-12 vehicles)... and BFG's always seem to be a very good tire, look great, have decent road noise and last a long time.
For me the top tire manufacture, in terms of quality, is Michelin. They have a level of integrity and "Michelin Standards" that the rest of the industry fails to reach. BFG comes close, as it should be as they are part of Michelin North America Inc.
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
WayneO
Lugnut
Lugnut
Make/Model: Titan Pro-4x CC 4x4
Year: 2010
Tim's: LgCoffee; 1-milk, 1-sugar

Post by WayneO »

Miner wrote:Google "titan wheel plasti dip", you can always peel it off if you don't like them.
Yea, I'm definitely going to do that now... those look quite good... and there are a couple sets of OEM wheels for sale here locally so something to seriously consider... thanks.

... and that does look clean. I'm not a big fan of the painted badges, I've seen some and I find that the "black" Nissan lettering gets lost/washed out... would rather just de-badge. What might look good is painting/plasti-dip (not sure you can paint this) the badges then paint the "Nissan" lettering to match the truck color (white, in my case). Hmm... well maybe, not sure about that either but a thought.

Good point on Michelin's... without a doubt they are clearly the top rated on Tirerack and to be honest this is the first set I've owned (probably because of the price).... but did not know that BFG's were part of Michelin.
SlaveX
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2002
Tim's: Stupped DD Tea

Post by SlaveX »

:welcome: Truck looks good :thumbup:
John Wayne wrote:
"Life is hard, it's (even) harder if you're stupid."