Wood

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
Scotto
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

Wood

Post by Scotto »

Yes, you read right, the topic now is wood.

AW is coming up, and lots of folks are going to be heading long distances across the province to go camping and wheeling. We are going to have a big bon fire (fires) no doubt. And we need wood. Here's the thing: We shouldn't be hauling wood across the province for this: the MOE has signs everywhere (and not just in Ontario) asking people not to transport wood, due to the quick spread of the wrong kind of bugs: in particular the long-horned asian beetle, currently menacing parts of the province.

They want people to buy firewood at the site of the fire. I remember seeing a sign somewhere saying any transportation of wood more that 20K is bad.

Are we abiding by this? Or are people bringing wood? I guess 4x2s and other construction-type wood is probably fine, but logs are probably a no-no, which is a shame, as we have lots that won't fit in our stove, and I'm too lazy to axe it all.

Scott
Simon
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Year: 2011
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Re: Wood

Post by Simon »

I think we're keeping it within reason. Jaimie has said he's going to bring some wood, but he's in the area. I think for us city dwellers, it's probably best to buy locally, which, as you said, is a shame.
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

Cool.
Pezzy
Make/Model: Ford F150
Year: 2018
Tim's: Steeped Tea, 1/2 Sugar

Post by Pezzy »

Some info:

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/Le ... 65433.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/pla ... iree.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I my PATHFInDERs.
R.I.P. 99.5 Green Machine :cry:
Jayman
Make/Model: 4x4 Xterra - SC JE
Year: 2002
Tim's: Double Double

Post by Jayman »

Well, if I have enough room (which I probably will) I was planning on bringing some wood along as well.

Now, the wood that I was planning on bringing was cut down at a golf course by yours truly, and has been sitting in my garage for 2+ years, so anything that WAS alive in it, is sure to be dead now...

And, of course, we are going to be BURNING everything, not planting it!
CNTC Pyro Team Captain. Signaling the International Space Station, one bucket at a time.
X-Treme
Make/Model: Xterra - Offroad
Year: 2005

Post by X-Treme »

As Simon pointed out, Jaimie has offered to provide a poop load of wood for us. If we need anymore wood you can buy plenty of it in the area.
Watch it! I'm keeping my eye on you.
Pezzy
Make/Model: Ford F150
Year: 2018
Tim's: Steeped Tea, 1/2 Sugar

Post by Pezzy »

That said:

I my PATHFInDERs.
R.I.P. 99.5 Green Machine :cry:
thegoodstink
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Make/Model: Xterra 4x4 SE
Year: 2004

Post by thegoodstink »

I deal with this every day. (I'm an Arborist) As long as you don't bring any wood from the quarantine zone, basically Vaughan, Richmond Hill area (Asian Long-horned Beetle), and burn it all to a crisp, you should be fine. There are a number of quarantine zones for the Emerald Ash Borer. If you live in one, you'll know. No wood should leave these areas. Folks from the Burlington/Oakville area, although not quarantined yet, should be careful as well. The Emerald Ash Borer is quickly becoming a nuisance there, and is spreading. Any wood you don't burn, should be brought home just in case. :) :) :)
04 Xterra 4x4 with added junk
12 Lancer GT
13 Kawasaki KLX250s
95 323 neo RallyX car
Scotto

Post by Scotto »

Excellent guys and gals.

I was just doing what I thought was right, and sure enough, everyone here is on-board. Again, this place rocks.

:thumbup:

Scott
Jayman
Make/Model: 4x4 Xterra - SC JE
Year: 2002

Post by Jayman »

Well, if Jamie is going to be bringing enough, then I won't bother to haul any from Ottawa then!

Thanks Jamie!
CNTC Pyro Team Captain. Signaling the International Space Station, one bucket at a time.