Where do you guys buy your parts?

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
Ehlectric
I'm learning to use 4-hi
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Black 1 sugar

Where do you guys buy your parts?

Post by Ehlectric »

I've been trying my best to find parts for my Xterra, although its been hard without having them being shipped up from the states.

So my question to you guys is, where do you buy your parts? I don't mind getting some things shipped from across Canada. Although I'd rather just go pick it up. I live in the Ottawa area, but the T-dot area works as well cause I can get a friend to pick it up for me there.

Thanks guys.
HotWod
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Pathfinder LE
Year: 1998
Tim's: Coffee!

Re: Where do you guys buy your parts?

Post by HotWod »

The best (and cheapest) way to get any part. Is to get it shipped to a UPS store or some PO box just over the border and go down for the day and grab it. I found that if you take it out of the box, get rid of any receipts, and tell the border guys you picked it up at a truck/swap meet you either get away with no duties or very little.
Nismojunky
Make/Model: Nissan Titan
Year: 2006
Tim's: Double cream

Post by Nismojunky »

Rockauto
noey
Lugnut
Lugnut
Make/Model: Land Cruiser BJ42
Year: 1981

Post by noey »

I agree with HotWod regarding shipping parts to a cross border warehouse and getting them yourself to save a bunch on brokerage fees. In fact, I'm going over to CBI located in Niagara Falls, NY this week to pick up some goodies.

If you're looking for OEM parts, there's a guy I've dealt with based out of London, ON but he can ship anywhere.

He's primarily a Toyota guy and has all the parts catalogue for them but has the ability to get other Japanese and European stuff just as long as you supply the part numbers.

His prices and knowledge to find parts for my dated 40 series were awesome!

Contact Yan at akella4x4@gmail.com and tell him Noel sent you.
Miner
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Post by Miner »

Per HotWod's suggestion to ship to the border I use The Corporate Center in Ogdensburg NY. Ogdensburg is directly across the river where the 416 meets the 401. Prices are really fair, people are nice and they handle a large volume of customers with ease....unlike the UPS store in Ogdensburg.

http://www.corp-ctr.com/

812 Proctor Avenue
Ogdensburg, NY

(315) 393-3793 (Tel.)
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
Adam
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra SE SC
Tim's: Medium Regular

Post by Adam »

I do the same thing as miner. The ups store is bigger now so not as bad but the old lady in there is grouchy so I use the corporate center most of the time. Luckily my father is down there often so I don't even have to drive half the time. :lol:

If youre just looking for replacement parts in ottawa, hosie and brown is good to deal with. Same with CAPS.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -Frank Zappa
Miner
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Post by Miner »

Note 1 - one Saturday before Christmas there was a 7 hour backlog at the UPS store. The last Saturday before Christmas the Corp Center had me in and out in under 5 minutes.

Note 2 - when paying the Corp Center have US currency on you, preferably small bills. They run a tiddy ship with signatures for everything but they only deal in American Cash.
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
Jayman
Make/Model: 4x4 Xterra - SC JE
Tim's: Double Double

Post by Jayman »

I have ordered and shipped to the Corporate Center as well, with nothing but good things to say.

The building is big, but the office is small. First time I was there, I felt like I was walking into an office straight out of the '70's.

Regardless of what the place looks like, they had me in and out in 5 minutes, just like Miner.

I had my full receipts when I went back across, and paid my duty and taxes. Still came out ahead by about $250 on about $1500 in parts, so it was worth it for me.

I will usually try and support my local suppliers for most stuff, but more often then not, if I'm looking for something that's expensive, I'm getting it States side.

I work hard for my money, and have a tough time paying the Canadian rates when the dollar is at par or better then the Greenback.
CNTC Pyro Team Captain. Signaling the International Space Station, one bucket at a time.
noey
Lugnut
Lugnut
Make/Model: Land Cruiser BJ42
Year: 1981

Post by noey »

Just got back from CBI today. I like to go there during weekdays as it's not as busy at the border and at the warehouse. Shipped my Marlin dual adapter there too to a guy in WA.

CBI accepts Canadian debit and credit cards too btw which is so convenient.