Any Nissan employees or techs ? Need help

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!
Muddyr50
I'm learning to use 4-hi
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Nissan Pathfinder
Year: 1998
Tim's: Hot Chocolate

Any Nissan employees or techs ? Need help

Post by Muddyr50 »

So my 98 Pathfinder has ses light on and has a p1444 code.
From reading online I gather that this is the evap purge valve, evap canister or vent control valve. I priced them out at the dealership and there not cheap parts. I'm used to these things costing around $30 when I had my American cars.

So I got two questions. One being how can I determine exactly what needs to be replaced without replacing everything. And two does anyone get employee pricing on Nissan parts ? I can get gm, dodge and Honda/Acura but no deals for Nissan. Really don't want to be spending around $200 a piece on these things.

Thanks again
Chris
Muddyr50
I'm learning to use 4-hi

Re: Any Nissan employees or techs ? Need help

Post by Muddyr50 »

Anyone ?
Ehlectric
I'm learning to use 4-hi
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra SC
Year: 2002
Tim's: Black 1 sugar

Post by Ehlectric »

I think you can go to an AutoZone or something like that and they can read the code for you. As for your other questions I'm not sure, but if you find out how to get employee pricing on parts do tell ;)
Lukexskywalker
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2002
Tim's: lg black coffee

Post by Lukexskywalker »

I beleive if you are a premium member you can get 10% off at milton nissan through Mike (morpheus)
Muddyr50
I'm learning to use 4-hi

Post by Muddyr50 »

Well I read the code but there are a few possibilities. Seems like a common problem on the 98s from what I've read. Was hoping somebody could point me in the direction of what to check to determine the issue. I was also told that there was a number of Nissan techs on this site. So hoping I can pick their brains for some info. Any thing to help me determine the issue. I just don't want to end up spending $600 on parts and end up not fixing my problem.

Thanks again.

I'm planing on becoming a premium member
Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 5
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Post by Bow_Tied »

I don't know the answer, but you can also try NPORA, lots of pathfinder info there.
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
Scotto
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

Post by Scotto »

It's quite tricky for guys to diagnose a vehicle over the internet. The code could be a failed harness, or a grounding problem, not the actual part the code is pointing to. And then sometimes you fix that issue, but another code from a part down the line emerges. So, trying to tell a guy, "What you need is part X to clear that" is almost impossible. And no one wants to go out on a limb, make you spend $100- on something, only to have a new post that says, "Hey Jerk-boy! That wasn't the problem. Thanks for spending a hundred bucks of my cash on nothing." Sorry you're not getting the help you need, but it's really hard to do so on-line.

And maybe Mike (our resident Nissan guy) is on holiday or something.

Aside from all that, Milton Nissan does a 15% off (before taxes) for premium members. You also get access to parts of the forum that right now you can't. Like FSM manuals, problems and fixes threads, cool mods, members trucks and how they went about doing what they did, and other goodies. For $20- you can't go wrong. That's not even a case of beer.

Scott
Muddyr50
I'm learning to use 4-hi

Post by Muddyr50 »

I was more looking for possible things I could check to help determine the problem. Not exactly what it was. Was hoping somebody might have had this issue before. But were gonna start slowing trying to determine what is the issue. If anybody has some insight on what to check let me know. Thanks. I will be joining as a premium member in due time. Just getting settled in with a few things first.

Thanks for the help so far. I'll check npora as well