Looking for a new ride - xterra or Frontier maybe

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
studum
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Frontier CC SC
Year: 2003
Tim's: Large 1 milk

Re: Looking for a new ride - xterra or Frontier maybe

Post by studum »

Soooooooo?
Ryan S. - Playing "keep it alive" with the Silver Spur.
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

Lookscusstom has a fronty up for sale...go have a look see!
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.
studum
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Frontier CC SC
Year: 2003
Tim's: Large 1 milk

Post by studum »

Snafu wrote:Lookscusstom has a fronty up for sale...go have a look see!
That's where I was going with that if he didn't get the other one :)
Ryan S. - Playing "keep it alive" with the Silver Spur.
01R50
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Jimmy
Year: 2001

Post by 01R50 »

I actually found the perfect fronty locally. Was a 2002, crew-cab, fully loaded (yes it was actually "fully loaded" for once) off-road edition, and even in my color (black). Was in excellent shape as well and came with a tonneau cover and Leer cap. Guy was asking $6000.

But at the last moment I decided against it. Why should I spend that type of money on "another" truck that I have to get safetied, etested, insurance, registration, etc. I already have a couple trucks and is costing me a good amount as it is.

Can spend 1/3 - 1/2 the price of that fronty and really pimp out the Hardbody instead. Thinking something like this:

My 1988 Nissan Hardbody: http://www.cdn-ntc.ca/phpBB3/viewtopic. ... 45&p=63250
2001 Pathfinder SE - RIP
Jayman
Make/Model: 4x4 Xterra - SC JE
Year: 2002
Tim's: Double Double

Post by Jayman »

Interesting part about that particular truck Alain, is that had you been in the market last year for a vehicle, you could have actually purchased that exact truck, directly from Calmini. It came up for sale last year around this time, as they were looking to start a new project, so they sold their Hardbody.

Anyways, that's probably the direction that I would be going as well, if I was in your position. You have a couple of vehicles already, why not use one of them as a base for a project. Your end cost will likely be about the same, so...

Doooo eeeet! :teeth:
CNTC Pyro Team Captain. Signaling the International Space Station, one bucket at a time.
01R50
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by 01R50 »

With the HB continuing to cost money, I have been back on the lookout for another truck. Thought this would be a good time of year, since a lot of people who bought the 4x4 trucks for winter are now going to sell them. But it seems as if most people are still holding onto them.

There are some trucks out there, but the prices are all over the place. For example, people want $8k+ for a 2001 truck with just under 300k on it. Then there are people who want a much more $4K for that same year of truck, but they have over 300k, need a lot of repairs and are a base model truck. Just saw one on kijiji that has 500K on it! Oh but he says it runs like new.

Looking for a 2001-2004 D22 series truck, with under 300k, but not much out there for under $7k.

Can get a full sized pickup for cheaper. Looking in that direction if nothing reasonable comes around for used Frontiers.
Last edited by 01R50 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2001 Pathfinder SE - RIP
lookzcustoms
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Titan CC offroad
Year: 2006
Tim's: not sure

Post by lookzcustoms »

mine is still in the garage waiting for new owner lol
Uprev Injen intake JBA headers Cajun B-pipes Stillen Rad RC traction bars PRG UCA steering heim joints 2"Leveling kit 5100 Bilsteins Brake Performace Premium Brake Rotors & Calipers Nismojunky grounding kit BlackedOut Rims
01R50
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by 01R50 »

lookzcustoms wrote:mine is still in the garage waiting for new owner lol
Yeah I was thinking about yours and was wondering if it was still for sale. Thought you had likely sold it by now. Even with the mileage, I know you have taken good care of it.

Only problem is that I would likely end up repainting her. I am not a fan of yellow.
2001 Pathfinder SE - RIP
lookzcustoms
I've used 4-lo
I've used 4-lo
Make/Model: Titan CC offroad
Year: 2006
Tim's: not sure

Post by lookzcustoms »

yellow is the shiznit, u can always plastidip the truck LOL

i havent sold it because i dont have the patience to deal with all these dumb asses on kijiji, and i'm not hurting for $ so i'm no rush

i put a price and i wrote dont waste my time and no negotiations and they all waste my time calling trying to negotiate and the ones that come buy waste my time too, so after a couple of weeks on kijiji i took the ad off and parked it in the garage

plus i noticed after i put my # on kijiji i started getting calls people trying to sell me poop
Last edited by lookzcustoms on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uprev Injen intake JBA headers Cajun B-pipes Stillen Rad RC traction bars PRG UCA steering heim joints 2"Leveling kit 5100 Bilsteins Brake Performace Premium Brake Rotors & Calipers Nismojunky grounding kit BlackedOut Rims
01R50
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead

Post by 01R50 »

Painting is no problem for me. I have done it many times before.

Yeah I know what you mean about kijiji. Have a friend trying to sell a truck and he says he would rather send the truck to the scrapper than sell it on kijiji. I posted a couple things on kijiji a while back and it seems my number got added to junk mail lists and I was still getting calls 4-5 months later asking if I still had it somehow. Kijiji is nice due to all the publicity, but the people on it are complete idiots most of the time. Even after you tell them your bottom price, they try to offer you 50% less than that.
2001 Pathfinder SE - RIP