Nissan recalls nearly 540,000 vehicles worldwide

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
07moe
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Frontier Nismo
Year: 2007
Tim's: Large, DD

Re: Nissan recalls nearly 540,000 vehicles worldwide

Post by 07moe »

I know it's pretty helpless, I was just making a statement in my first post. That it sucks that they didn't include all those trucks that really have the problem! Have a look here http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/sear ... id=2063689and you'll see what i mean.
Bamboozled
justsoldone
justsoldone
Make/Model: WRX...
Year: 2003
Tim's: Needs Baileys.

Post by Bamboozled »

Too long, didn't read.

I understand that it is a problem, no one ever questioned that. I'm/we're just saying the one of the major problems have been taken care of. In your case, for now, you got shafted. Sorry, Bro. By the looks of it, you may see a recall... but who knows.

Good luck.
Morpheus
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2003
Tim's: 3x3

Post by Morpheus »

07moe wrote:
Bamboozled wrote:Welcome to the club, 07moe. Usually and nice introduction before a rant will get you further.

Thank Bamboozled! ...... My name is 07Moe, and i like to rant! :fist:

That that we got that out of the way, do you think this recall will go any further to include more trucks that are actually affected by the problem? I haven't heard of anyone in Canada getting a letter yet either! Just curious to see if i should go out and spent the loot to fix this problem myself or wait and see if Nissan will fess up and fix it?
If any of our regular customers have a sending unit problem with their truck and it turns out that it isn't covered under the recall once it's been finialized, I will pressure my rep to come to the plate and help with the cost of the repairs.
(FOG MEMBER)-FRIENDS OF GEOFFREY

Epic thread: http://www.cntc.ca/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3676
LassyJ
Make/Model: Private
Year: None
Tim's: Tea

Post by LassyJ »

Recalling of Nissan vehicles every year is very frequent. Aside from the issue above, recent recall has been reported. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has announced the recall of some Nissan Altima sedans from the model years 2012 and 2013. The recall is over suspension bolts in the power steering system that may rattle loose.

The affected vehicles were built between May 10, 2012 and July 26, 2012 at the Nissan plant in Canton, Mississippi. Some transverse link bolts and power steering rack bolts may not have been properly secured in the vehicles. Check this out: 2012-2013 Nissan Altima recalled for loose bolts
Snafu
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra S
Year: 2007
Tim's: Double milk - no sugar

Post by Snafu »

Sadly NHTSA does not apply to vehicles sold in Canada. It might though give Canucks a heads up with what may come here.

I always look at the NHTSA database before buying a car/truck to see what problems it may have. A great reference ;)
Worlds Greatest Acronym:
A.D.O.S.S: Attention Deficit Oooooo Something Shiny! (thanks Simon!)

RIP - Keyser - July 2000 to September 2010 - hope we were as loyal to you as you were to us.