starting issues

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!
keith
Sparkplug
Sparkplug
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: pathfinder 4x4
Year: 1989
Tim's: pepsi

starting issues

Post by keith »

as i was heading out the door to work today i get in the pathy turn the key and nut-en happens so popped the hood got out checked the battery terminals the pos(+) was lose gave it a twist tried the key again still nut-en but i do have power in the truck so now im thinking the starter is shot (this did happen about a week ago but i gave it a boost and it eventually started) so i give a tap or two with a broom handle still nut-en grabbed a screwdriver and put it between the pos(+) and neg(-) on the solenoid the starter spoon and tried to start (my wife by this time is trying to help me with turning the key when i yell from under the hood) so she turned the key and tada it started like there was nut-en a matter

so would this mean my starter is on the way out?

and on top of that my exhaust is loud as hell im on my way to a shop tomorrow
Simon
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Year: 2011
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Re: starting issues

Post by Simon »

Connection issue. Clean all your contacts really well. These things are very sensitive to proper voltage.
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied
keith
Sparkplug
Sparkplug

Post by keith »

cool thanks Simon
and thanks for the quick respond
keith
Sparkplug
Sparkplug

Post by keith »

all is good now i figured out what it was
i was playing around with putting some lights on the pathy and because i was playing with the battery i triggered the alarm its silent but the lights flash which i thought was a sign of a dead battery or cause it didn't start but it was saying help help im being stolen and stopped the starter from getting power found a little button under the dash reset the alarm and it was good to go i then did this many times (disconnect the battery, re-connect it and try to start it and nothing hit the reset and ta-da it starts)

the guy i bought the pathy off of said he never had any problems with the alarm