Forum was just upgraded to the latest version of phpBB. If you have any issues please report them to the admins or moderators. Enjoy!

New member from PEI

Welcome to CNTC. Please check in here before posting!
PhilFrontier
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Nissan Frontier
Year: 2013
Tim's: Coffee, Choc Chip Muffin

New member from PEI

Post by PhilFrontier »

I'm taking delivery tomorrow of a new to me 2013 Frontier S King Cab in shiny black with 5AT. Did a little google search today for Frontier clubs and was delighted to see a Canadian Club.

My 2013 is 4x2 with the delightful 2.5 I4 which on my extended test drive seemed peppy but not hot. My insurance company was delighted about the I4 and my promise to shod it with triple mountain and snowflake tires for winter 2019-2020.

My new baby has 55,000 kms on it. The BFG tires are looking a tad worn but will easily do me until November when I'll be looking for some all weather AT type tires [again, triple mountain and snowflake]. No way I'm dragging dedicated snow and summer rubber with wheels up and down the basement steps although I do this for the cars.

Once my premium membership kicks in I'll be eagerly looking at the shop manuals.

Other vehicles: I have an 06 Toyotiac [or Pontiota] Vibe [great car] that will be transitioning into my daughter's car and my wife has a 12 Mazda 5 [great car except it eats brakes].

I'll be using my Frontier as a daily commuter / daily driver but also hauling our household junk, tree branches, old rotten fence etc. to IWMC [Island Waste Management Corporation aka the garbage police], picking up building supplies for umpteen household projects, carting bags of cold patch from CT, HD or Kent to patch the driveway etc.

Cheers

Phil

PS - the name comes from the C&W song [I'm not big into C&W but my daughter is] "... where they know you by your first name and the truck you drive ..."
the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 2
Make/Model: Jeep JKUR
Tim's: Med 2 milks 1 sugar

Re: New member from PEI

Post by the x kid »

Welcome to the club PhilFrontier. Are you sure it’s going to be a 4 cylinder? Maybe because of the 4x2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PhilFrontier
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhilFrontier »

Well it was listed as a 4 cylinder and my VIN search confirmed it as a 4 :) Then I did the testdrive and when I popped the hood it looked like a 4 as part of my inspection. I took delivery late yesterday afternoon. Feels good even in rush-hour traffic. Feels even better when the traffic settles down :) Not a hot-rod but peppy. Just right for me.
the x kid
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 2
Make/Model: Jeep JKUR
Tim's: Med 2 milks 1 sugar

Post by the x kid »

Awesome. Enjoy it. I’ve been to PEI. Nice place. Not a big island. Old Charlottetown is real nice in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bow_Tied
Reactions score: 3
Make/Model: Xterra P4X ZR2 Bison
Year: '15/20
Tim's: Medium DD

Post by Bow_Tied »

Welcome!!

I think I have you set up as a Premium Member now. Look around and enjoy. Also check us out on Facebook.
#MoreRon

"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions." - Miner
PhilFrontier
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhilFrontier »

Bow_Tied wrote:Welcome!!

I think I have you set up as a Premium Member now. Look around and enjoy. Also check us out on Facebook.
Many thanks! Lot's of great info!

Phil
BigRed44
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2007
Tim's: French Vanilla

Post by BigRed44 »

welcome to the club
OF4WD 6318
HAM Call Sign VA3ERX
CNTC Member BigRed44
Overland Bound 9362
PhilFrontier
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhilFrontier »

Thanks BigRed44! I see you are a ham. I am too: VY2PR :) One of the things I'm looking forward to doing is putting a transceiver in the Frontier. In the car 06 Vibe I just have a 2 metre handheld. I'd bought a nice 6M VHF unit years ago but nowhere to put it in the Vibe. Lots of room in the Frontier for that! Although a 2M + 70 cm transceiver would be more useful and would not require such a huge antenna :)
BigRed44
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reactions score: 1
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2007
Tim's: French Vanilla

Post by BigRed44 »

Nice i actually don't run a radio in the Frontier. I do run a 2m+70cm in the X terra soon to upgrade to a ICOM 706 to open up 2m- through 6M with a screwdriver antenna and tuner on the back. that's the project for this summer.
OF4WD 6318
HAM Call Sign VA3ERX
CNTC Member BigRed44
Overland Bound 9362