Xterra headlight issue

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!

Xterra headlight issue

Postby Adam » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:20 pm

So I noticed on the way home from Minden last week I couldn't see very well. And all of a sudden I could again, when I got home I noticed my drivers headlight was super dim compared to the passengers. And when you flick the brights on it goes out completely on that side. I swapped the bulb with a spare one so that's not an issue. Ground maybe? It seems to flicker on bumpy roads, but wiggling the connector and harness had no impact. Anyone else had this problem?
2002 Xterra SE/SC - 5 Speed manual.
1994 Pathfinder SE-V6 - Auto (re4r01a-hd swap) 6" lift, ARB bar, 33x10.5 KM2, Blackpanther skid plates, oil filter relocation, lots of dents and rust.
Adam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Make/Model: Pathfinder SE-V6
Year: 1994
Tim's: Medium 1C1S

Re: Xterra headlight issue

Postby Bow_Tied » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:47 pm

I haven't owned an X bt had similar issues where the connector was intermittently doing it's job. Double check that there are no burnt marks on/near the connector pins. If it isn't that, you're likely going to have to trace the harness back. The only other thing it could be is the DRL module, I think some pathfinders had that issue, not sure if the X's did too... a cold solder issue IIRC. Could be something to research.
"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions."
- Miner
Bow_Tied

Make/Model: Jimmy ZR2
Year: 2005
Tim's: Medium DD

Postby Adam » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:55 pm

Finally actually looked at this issue. You were on the right track with the DRL module. They never worked so I bought a new one. Still didn't work. So I took the loom off and found a few broken/corroded wires! Would have been chasing that forever. Thanks!
2002 Xterra SE/SC - 5 Speed manual.
1994 Pathfinder SE-V6 - Auto (re4r01a-hd swap) 6" lift, ARB bar, 33x10.5 KM2, Blackpanther skid plates, oil filter relocation, lots of dents and rust.
Adam
Premium Member
Premium Member

Make/Model: Pathfinder SE-V6
Year: 1994
Tim's: Medium 1C1S

Postby Bow_Tied » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:13 pm

Glad it worked out!
"Most of the members are people, but there are a few exceptions."
- Miner
Bow_Tied